CCS (CCA) RULES - Report of arrest to superiors by Government servants

(1) Report of arrest to superiors by Government servants :- 

It shall be the duty of the Government servant who may be arrested for any reason to intimate the fact of his arrest and the circumstances connected therewith to his official superior promptly even though he might have subsequently been released on bail. On receipt of the information from the person concerned or from any other source the departmental authorities should decide whether the fact and circumstances leading to the arrest of the person call for his suspension. Failure on the part of any Government servant to so inform his official superiors will be regarded as suppression of material information and will render him liable to disciplinary action on this ground alone, apart from the action that may be called for on the outcome of the police case against him.
MHA letter No. 39/59/54-Est.(A) dated the 25th February, 1955]

State Governments have also been requested to issue necessary instructions to Police authorities under their control to send prompt intimation of arrest and/or release on bail etc. of Central Government servant to the latter’s official superiors.

Treasury Bills
Q.1      What is the basic function of the Treasury?  
Ans.     The Treasury is that office, from where the amount to be spent by the Government duly voted by the Legislature of the State, is released in the shape of cheque. Charged amount is also released.
Q.2      What is charged amount?
Ans.     Charged Expenditure is the Expenditure, which under various Articles of the Constitution of India has been declared as charged on the Consolidated Fund of the State, and as such is not subject to the vote of the Legislature.
Q.3.     What is voted expenditure?
Ans.     Voted expenditure is the expenditure other than charged, which is subject to the vote of the Legislature.
Q.4      What is DDO?
Ans.     Drawing and Disbursing Officer (DDO) means in relation to expenditure under any head of account, a Government employee defined as such in rule 2.16 of the Punjab Budget Manual.
Q.5      What is Token?
Ans.     Token is a unique number assigned to the Bill by the Computer on its presentation at the Treasury.
Q.6      What is the validity of the Treasury Cheque?
Ans.     The Treasury Cheque is valid for 3 month from the date of its issue or 31st March, whichever, period is less.
Q.7      What is the maximum amount, up to which cheque in case of third party can be given to the DDO?
Ans      Rs. 10,000/-. The cheque above Rs. 10,000/- is to be issued in the name of third party.
Q. 8     Can a Messenger present the bill at any of the counters of the Treasury?
Ans.     The authorised Messenger shall present the bill at the Token counter.
Q.9      If authorised Messenger is not available, how the bills may be presented?
Ans.     The DDO may authorize two employees as Messengers. Either of the Messenger is allowed to present bills and receive claims at the Treasury. During absence of both the Messengers, the DDO may request the Treasury to allow any other specially authorised Messenger.
Q.10    What are the timings of the Treasury Transactions?
Ans.     The Treasury shall entertain Govt., Cash business from 9.00AM to 1.30PM on all working days. This would include receipt and return of bills, delivery of cheques, Sale of stamps. The other activity would continue throughout the day.


Q.1     From where the pension is to be disbursed after an employee has retired from Service or to the Family Pensioner, whose spouse has died in harness?
Ans.     On the Pension Payment Orders issued by the Accountant General, Punjab, the pension is to be disbursed by the Public Sector Banks,selected by the pensioner/ Family pensioner. The PPO will be sent to the Treasury Officer concerned, where the pensioner will inform to the Treasury from which bank he/she will draw pension.
Q.2      Can the PPO be transferred to another Branch of the same Bank?
Ans.     Yes.
Q.3      Can the PPO be transferred to another District?
Ans.     Yes.
Q. 4     Can the PPO is transferred to another State?
Ans.     Yes.
Q.5      What is the maximum percentage of pension that can be commuted?
Ans.     40%.
Q.6      What is the period of restoration of commutation of pension?
Ans.     15 years from the date of disbursement.
Q.7      How the family pension starts after the death of the pensioner?
Ans.     After the death of the pensioner, the member of the family entitled for family pension approach the Bank with the Original death Certificate of the pensioner. He/she has to give the application in the bank mentioning the death of his/her spouse and request for start of Family Pension.


Q.1      Who has the power to give license to stamp vendors?
Ans.     District Registrar.
Q.2      Can a private person purchase stamps directly from Treasury?
Ans.     Yes, he can purchase it directly from the Treasury.
Q.3      What is the rate of commission on stamps to stamp vendors?
Ans.     Rate of commission varies from time to time. Presently, it is 2%.


Q.1      When does revenue deposit lapse?
Ans.     After 3 years.
Q.2      Which properties (sealed valuable packets) can be kept in the double lock of the Treasury?
Ans.            Valuable properties related to court matters, Judicial proceedings, Police enquiries (Narcotic) and other valuables may be kept by an official order from a competent authority i.e. Collector.


Q1.    Whether a DDO can re-allocate his Budget to another DDO?
Ans.     No. Only Budget Controlling Authority can do it.
Q.2      If Budget allotment shown in the computer is exhausted, how the drawl may be made in that head?
Ans.     No drawl shall be allowed, if budget is not available in the  concerned head of A/c. Additional Budget   has to be solicited from the BCO.

                                NCTE norms for teachers appointment 

Minimum Academic and Professional qualifications 

(i)Secondary School (Class ten) certificate or its (For children in the age equivalent; and group of 4-6 years)(ii)Diploma/Certificate in Pre-school teacher education programme of a duration of not less than one year, or B.Ed. (Nursery). 

II. Pre-School / Nursery followed by first two years in a formal school:-
(i)Senior Secondary School (class twelve) Certificate or Intermediate or its equivalent with at least 45% marks; and (For children in the age group of 4-6 and 6-8 years)(ii)Diploma/Certificate in Nursery teacher education programme of a duration of not less than two years, or B.Ed. (Nursery)

III. Elementary (a) Primary(b) Upper Primary (Middle school section):-
(i)Senior Secondary School certificate or Interme-diate or its equivalent; and (ii)Diploma or certificate in basic teachers training of a duration of not less than two years. OR Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)(i)Senior Secondary School certificate or Intermediate or its equivalent; and (ii)Diploma or certificate in elementary teachers training of a duration of not less than two years. ORBachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) ORGraduate with Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) or its equivalent.

IV. Secondary /High School:-
Graduate with Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) or its equivalent. OR Four years’ integrated B.Sc., B.Ed. or an equivalent course. 

V. Senior Secondary/PUC/ Intermediate:-
Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) or its equivalent. OR Two years’ integrated M.Sc.B,Ed. course or an equivalent course.